Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My friend Janice.....











I previously mentioned where I met Janice but I didn't mention that she taught me everything I know about hand applique. I took a Baltimore quilt class from her and then a Dear Jane class. I finished the Baltimore quilt, but Dear Jane is still waiting.....Janice's hand applique is beautiful and she also favors hand quilting. She has inspired me to improve my hand sewing skills and introduced me to the world of reproduction fabrics. Today, for show and tell, Janice brought a pumpkin table runner and a pumpkin quilt that we had seen at the Austin Quilt show last year. She has also been working on a punchneedle pumpkin piece that she shared with us and a new 'Wave Pattern' crochet blanket that she recently started.

No comments:

Post a Comment